The 74HC595; 74HCT595 is an 8-bit serial-in/serial or parallel-out shift register with a storage register and 3-state outputs. Both the shift and storage register have separate clocks. The device features a serial input (DS) and a serial output (Q7S) to enable cascading and an asynchronous reset MR input. A LOW on MR will reset the shift register.
Data is shifted on the LOW-to-HIGH transitions of the SHCP input. The data in the shift register is transferred to the storage register on a LOW-to-HIGH transition of the STCP input. If both clocks are connected together, the shift register will always be one clock pulse ahead of the storage register. Data in the storage register appears at the output
whenever the output enable input (OE) is LOW. A HIGH on OE causes the outputs to assume a high-impedance OFF-state. Operation of the OE input does not affect the state of the registers. Inputs include clamp diodes. This enables the use of current limiting resistors to interface inputs to voltages in excess of VCC.
Features and benefits:
- 8-bit serial input
- 8-bit serial or parallel output
- Storage register with 3-state outputs
- Shift register with direct clear
- 100 MHz (typical) shift out frequency
- Complies with JEDEC standard no. 7A
- Input levels:
- For 74HC595: CMOS level
- For 74HCT595: TTL level
- ESD protection:
- HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
- MM JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V
- Multiple package options
- Specified from 40 C to +85 C and from 40 C to +125 C
- Serial-to-parallel data conversion
- Remote control holding register
1x 74hc595 shift register with output latches.
Download: Datasheet 74hc595 shift register with output latches